ROXEN CMS version 5.2 introduces several new features:
- Labels: Track changes in a site repository by assigning labels to collections of files at certain timestamps. You can then export/import labeled files, revert back to a previous label and generate change logs based on changes between two labels. This new feature requires a license key to activate.
- New History wizard replacing the old Log wizard. It gives access to changes globally or locally in a repository and allows quick browsing as well as detailed views.
- There are several new page editor components for YouTube, Kaltura and social sharing.
- The user interface has been updated to support most recent MS Internet Explorer browsers.
- New RXML tags for e.g. JSON data quoting, parsing and generation.
- The bundled Roxen Application Launcher for Windows has been updated.
- Many new Roxen modules included for administration tasks such as image cache housekeeping, memory logging, and a repeated URL fetcher.
- PDF manuals have been reformatted and restructured in a major way.
There are also a number of performance and stability fixes:
- The search engine now contains a watchdog for slow file indexing of Word/PDF documents and is also more robust with regards to timestamps on frontend servers.
- The persistent disk cache has moved its binary data storage out of MySQL to a directory-based structure.
- Important bug fixes and optimizations have been included in workflow, replication, disk cachning, WebDAV and other core modules.
- Roxen now includes a high-performance JPEG library on Mac OS X and RHEL platforms.