Solutions provided by Roxen CMS
Roxen CMS lets all members of an organization publish on the web and therefore improves the sharing of information. Consequently, decisions are made based on more accurate and up-to-date facts.
Customers who have not yet selected a CMS system, or who run home-grown or less capable solutions, face a number of problems which Roxen CMS is designed to address.
- Keep content, structure and layout separated – Updating the site layout should not involve rewriting existing site content. Likewise, adding or expanding the site structure and navigation interfaces should be independent of the graphics layout. Finally, content should be stored in a way which makes it reusable in varying contexts.
- Coordinate content from different systems – Information within an organization may be stored in CRM and ERP systems, databases, legacy web pages and other systems. The CMS product must be able to integrate these different information sources in their web sites while taking advantage of existing security systems that protect information.
- Content must be adaptable to different languages – The old way of building multilingual web sites involved separate copies of the whole site hierarchy which results in frequent synchronizing of data between the sites. For efficient handling layout templates and site logic should not be duplicated in separate sites, and the web pages should encapsulate the different languages without appearing as multiple files. Multilingual support includes more than storage of files; it's also a matter of having a search engine which supports foreign character sets and so on.
- Reduce risks due to out-of-date or incorrect information – A CMS product should bring structure to the whole publishing process, e.g. authoring, translation and approval tasks, commonly is referred to as workflow. Moreover, full control of publish times and notification or automatic removal of out-of-date pages belongs in this category.
- Have full control of past and present site content – Version control makes it possible to revert to any previous version of any web page as well as get full auditing of which changes that have been performed and by whom and when.
- The webmaster bottleneck – Having a single person or a centralized group responsible for all content authoring quickly becomes overwhelming when the site grows. A decentralized approach allows employees to become responsible for different parts of the web site. Our CMS product is well suited for such tasks and lets each author work without risking interference from other changes taking place at the same time.
- Time-to-market demands ready-to-use functions and fast implementation – Web development projects are not always well specified from the outset and requires a CMS product with great flexibility and easy reconfiguration which can adapt to the changes without delaying the project. Roxen CMS is well-known for being a platform where advanced solutions can be realized in record time.
- Costs for maintenance and site expansion – A popular web site will attract more visitors and in turn increase demands for more content and therefore lead to more active editors. Naturally the CMS product must be designed to handle growth and have enough headroom from the start. Roxen CMS has been developed with these goals and offers scalability up to the enterprise level where clusters of load-balanced servers serves million of hits per day. It's worth noting that this is done using exacly the same product that we ship as Roxen CMS Personal Edition.
To download Roxen CMS, please visit the Roxen Download site.